Longing to live the lake lifestyle? Check out 137 Hillside Road in Sparta at our OPEN HOUSE this Sunday, September 23rd from 1-3pm!Check out our newest home available in Sparta's
10 Top Curb Appeal Tips For Your Sussex Or Morris County Home
“You never get a second chance to make a first impression.”
First impressions matter, especially when it comes to selling your Sussex or Morris County home. A whopping 63 percent of potential home buyers drop by a home they’ve viewed online and found to their liking.* Employ our top 10 curb appeal tips to enhance your home’s exterior, consequently enticing those drive-bys to take the next step towards buying your home instead of turning them away.
10 Top Curb Appeal Tips
1. Entry Update: Apply a fresh coat of paint, replace a beat-up front door, welcome a new welcome mat, or even add a new door knocker to make your entry sparkle. (While you’re at it, get rid of those cobwebs above the doorway and sweep your front steps!)
2. Get Your Green Lawn On: A well-manicured, healthy lawn indicates to home buyers that you take care of your home, inside and out. Got mulch? Freshen mulched areas with a few inches for a fast visual improvement.
3. Let Your Little Light Shine: Take a nighttime walk around your Sussex or Morris County home to ensure all outdoor lights work properly. Consider placing solar lights along walkways and around areas worthy of highlighting.
4. Window Washer: Get rid of window grime both inside and out. Not only does this add sparkle to your home exterior, it increases your home interior’s natural light. Then, open your blinds, shutters and curtains for a welcoming feel.
5. Tidy Your Garage: Remove anything placed around or against your garage, and take time to organize the insides, in case your garage door’s open when that potential home buyer drives past.
6. Bring on the Blooms: Plant pops of pretty flowers to liven your landscape, or purchase potted plants and flowers for fast, strategic placement. Never use artificial flowers--they scream “cheap!”
7. Fly Free, Pink Flamingo!: Say “buh-bye” to lawn ornaments--what you view as cute your potential home buyer could see as clutter.
9. Mail Away: Finally, check your mailbox for signs of wear and tear. Remove rust, straighten the post, give it a fresh coat of paint, or replace it outright! (Check your town’s codes to be sure your new one’s up-to-snuff.)
10. You’ve Got the Power: Pressure-wash outdoor surfaces including siding, decks, driveway and sidewalks. (Don’t own a pressure-washer? Rent one for a day from a local home-improvement store.)
*National Association of Realtors
Latest Blog Posts
Today, residents along the Carolina Coast are picking through what remains of their homes. Others continue to face the threat of flash floods as Hurricane Florence, now a tropical depression,
Highlights:According to a new survey from Open Listings, 62% of Americans ages 25-54 believe that buying a home is more stressful than planning a wedding.Many young couples are saving for a wedding